Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Start

Happy 2011!!

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now. I felt that in the past year, with the launch of Treehouse Artisan Sweets, I've moved away from blogging for personal reasons, to blogging more and more about the business. I know that you've noticed how seldom I post anything here in the past year; I have so many things to say, but I just felt that this wasn't the right space to convey them anymore.

I started 5 Types of Sugar as a journal to document my adventures in the sweet kitchen. Along the way, I've learnt a great deal. I'm still doing a great deal of recipe development and testing, but they are all for the business now. The thing about owning a seasonal cake/pastry business is that you're constantly challenged by the abundance of fruits and ingredients out there. This is what I do it for--the constant evolution of my products from season to season; each new season better than the last, as I also learn, gradually, more and more things about the incredible produce that I work with.

In the new blog, I hope I'll be able to share more with you---photos from the farmers market, gorgeous produce, links that I want to share with you, things that may not be a full post but will at least let you know what I'm up to.

So thank you for your support so far, and I'll see you on the other side!!


1 comment:

Cool Chic Style Fashion said...

Happy New Year ♥
Moltissimi Auguri
per uno splendido 2011